Cottage Paint Workshops
Start from the beginning and learn all the Do's and Don'ts of painting furniture..
It is a simple and fun way to transform and decorate an old, neglected piece of furniture into something you'll be proud to display in your home! Workshops are taught by Cindy and the Whitby Shores team, experts with cottage paint and refinishing furniture.
We will take you through the steps and the right tools for the job!
We will inform you about:
- the best kind of furniture to paint
- how to choose the right colour(s)
- how to prepare your furniture the correct way
- Variety of different painting techniques.
We can accommodate single sign-ups, as well as groups! We will be accepting groups of 2-6 people for better one-on-one interactions. If you have a larger group that is interested in cottage paint techniques, accommodations can be made.
The cost of the class ($50 +tax) will have to be paid when reserving your spot.
Whitby Shores Decor Centre is offering all
workshop students 10% off their paint and paint
supply purchases after their class!
• Learn about Cottage Paint products
• Practice single colour application
• Practice two colour distress
• Practice crackle finish
• Practice dry brushing
• Practice with glazes and waxes
• Practice the "barn board" look
• Practice black & white image transfers
• Practice Image Transfers on fabric
• Practice stenciling with different products (texture paste, regular paste & glitter)
• Intro to urban and serenity paint
(Workshop 101 or previous cottage paint experience required for Workshop 102)